I am trying to register my Proximity beacons with the Google Nearby APIs.
When trying to register them in the Google Beacon Tools app, it errors out after a while asking me if I have to press a button on the beacon. I came across lots of people who had the same issue or similar:
- I can’t register Google App : Beacon Tools
- Connecting the estimote beacon to google’s platform
- How to use Google Beacon Tools to manage my beacons ?
- Hi i need Help i cannot connect my proximity beacons on google beacons tools
The solution that is mentioned is that Eddystone Configuration Service needs to be set up first, as described in some of the help/developer docs:
I have done the steps mentioned (disable all packets for the beacon and ensure the settings have saved), but I don’t see an option for “Eddystone Configuration Service” in the “Connectivity Packet” section of the settings on the Estimote cloud portal.
- Hardware revision J1.9_B1.1
- Firmware revision 4.14.4