Is it possible to send notifications to iOS devices without an app similar to Eddystone URL (Physical Web)?

Hi all

Is it possible to send notifications to iPhone users through my Estimote beacons? I basically want to send a link to them to the app store so that they are able to download the app which is used with the beacons.

I know that this is possible for Android users with Eddystone URL and Physical Web / Nearby.

Any thoughts on how I can redirect user to download our app would be appreciated. I don’t really see the point in beacons if it requires a native app to work and then also not being able to at least redirect the user that is within proximity of the beacons, to the app store so that they are able to download that app.

Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

No, it is not possible natively on iOS at this point.

iBeacon/Core Location principles defined by Apple require users to opt-in into proximity experiences.
They typically do it by downloading beacon-enabled app and enabling Location Services/Bluetooth/Notifications.

There are some already existing apps for iOS that can listen to Eddystone URLs - for example Chrome by Google for iOS; but it shows Physical Web links only in the Widget and users have to activate it.