Indoor configuration wizard stuck at "looking for beacons"

Hi @heypiotr, I have proximity beacon with firmware version 4.14.4 and hardware version j1.6 and the 4 beacons are accessible from the configuration section in the estimote app. Still the indoor app is stuck in the “looking for beacons” and “My beacons are right here” part.
Here is a video showing what is happening
Please help, How can I fix this?

The Indoor Location app/wizard isn’t compatible with Proximity Beacons. The “error” screen should actually say that it detected Proximity Beacons and these are not compatible, but I believe there’s a bug where it doesn’t do that for the newest J1.6 Proximity Beacons. (I can’t see the video, no access, but I believe it’s giving you a generic “no beacons found” message instead?)

There’s no option to order an Indoor Location dev kit directly from our website these days, but if you want to set up an Indoor Location demo, you can email our team at contact@estimote.com. They’ll talk to you about your project, and recommend how to move forward.

Thanks for the reply. I have another question. Can I use the SDK to use my proximity beacons for indoor solution? or It is a hardware issue and I have to buy Location Beacons?

We only officially support Location Beacons for Indoor Location, e.g., we don’t test/tune the positioning algorithms against Proximity Beacons.

@heypiotr I am getting the same error when i try to map my room. But i do have location beacons. 59

could you tell me why this might be happening ?

Can you see your Location Beacons in the “regular” Estimote app, on the radar in the “configuration” section? Just trying to determine if they’re still good on the battery.

@heypiotr yes i can see them in the radar mode. Battery life seems good.
Check the screenshots for your reference.

IMG_3113 IMG_3111