Proximity beacon not detecting in indoor location app

We have just received the estimote proximity beacon 2018, however I want to use this for the indoor location map. I tried to test it with the indoor location application provided by estomote on ios, however it is not detecting any beacone. Could you please help me with this.

Can we use Proximity beacon 2018 for indoor location purpose? If not is there any alternative to make it work?

Proximity Beacons are not officially supported for Indoor Location.

If you want to try and make them work anyway, for testing, then:

1. Make sure you have Estimote Monitoring enabled. (The broadcasting configuration between Estimote Monitoring and Indoor Location is very similar.)
  2. Map your location with the Location Builder API: https://developer.estimote.com/indoor/map-your-location/#the-advanced-way-location-builder. Location Builder API is part of the iOS Indoor Location SDK, so this requires building a small/simple iOS app.

Just let me stress once again that this is an unsupported configuration, and might not work very well.

Hi Piotr,

Greetings for the day!!

Thanks a lot for your help so far,

I have certain queries which need to be clarified so that i can move on with my work.

1. I am planning to take a rectangular area for working out now where each of the edge co-ordinates of the rectangle is passed on to the estimote SDK which you have provided. Is it possible to annotate in the map itself certain areas with co-ordinates telling this is particular area eg: shop name . Is it possible ?

If that is supported already in the SDK where exactly it can be done.

1. Does Estimote SDK support routing? OR is there anyway we can incorporate routes in SDK?

2. Is it possible to develop a front User interface page where we can provide from and to location to get path?

Thanks,

Priyanka

Hi,

I am waiting for your response.

When can I expect any response from your side.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Is it possible to annotate in the map itself certain areas with co-ordinates telling this is particular area eg: shop name

On iOS, if you’re using the EILIndoorLocationScene => this is a regular SpriteKit (Apple’s framework for 2D visualization) scene, so you can add your own SpriteKit nodes to it. (e.g., SKLabelNode to show text, SKSpriteNode to show an image, etc.)

https://estimote.github.io/iOS-Indoor-SDK/Classes/EILIndoorLocationScene.html

On Android, there’s no easy way sadly. You can try to manipulate the IndoorLocationView directly, as it’s a regular Android View, but it gets tricky with computing the right screen coordinates, etc. Probably better to just find some 3rd-party map component, and “marry” that with the coordinates you’re getting from the Indoor SDK. (I know my colleagues used Google Maps for that for some projects.)

1. Does Estimote SDK support routing? OR is there anyway we can incorporate routes in SDK?
  2. Is it possible to develop a front User interface page where we can provide from and to location to get path?

The publicly-available Indoor SDKs don’t have routing. We do have an internal implementation for when we’re developing an indoor location proof-of-concept for our customers. If by any chance you have a commercial project on your hands, and want to talk to our indoor team about it, you can reach them here: Estimote UWB Beacons