Unable to see Beacons on the Proximity Demo App

Hello Folks,

I just recieved my 3 beacons and I tried to follow the "Getting Started with Estimote Beacons" but when I start the demo app for scanning , the radar does not recognize any beacon. I would really appreciate if anyone would let me know if I am missing anything

Steps that I had taken
1)Download Estimote App from App store
2)Open Estimote App in IOS 7 iphone and Press Proximity Demo
2) Kept the beacon within 1 feet of the Iphone

Expected results: Beacon should appear on the radar

Actual Results: The radar keeps scanning but no beacon appears

If your beacons seem not to be detected after you updated your device to iOS 7.1, please restart your device and it should fix the problem.

Hey Pravin,

I sent you a private e-mail on this.

Hi,

I have the same problem, how should i do?

Kirk

Everything is OK when I reboot my iPhone :)

I had the same problem. I had to reboot my phone for the beacons to appear.

Thank you all. Beacons are not recognized in iPhone 4 but when I used iPhone 5 the radar recognized it.

You could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If the issue persists, confirm that bluetooth in general works, try https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/btlexplorer/id532751145?mt=8

If BTLExplorer works then it's not your phone in which case I recommend uninstalling the Estimote App and reinstalling.

Let me know if this does not resolve your issue.

Pravin, is that an iPhone 4 or 4S?

iPhone 4 supports Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
http://support.apple.com/kb/sp587

iPhone 4S supports Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
http://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-4s/specs/

Thanks Alex . Its iPhone 4.

Since you mentioned
iPhone 4 supports Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology

I got hope that my iPhone 4 would work but when I did the reset of of the network connection and Estimote App did not find any beacons.

Then I tried to reinstalled the estimote app but now it failed to install as it gave a alert . "Estimote vitual Beacon is not compatiple with your phone.

Also BTLExplorer app on iphone 4 does not show anything

Hi Pravin

The issue you are reporting is expected behavior because the iPhone 4 does not have the required hardware to support Bluetooth Smart. The hardware would need to support Bluetooth 4.0 and above. To resolve this, you'll have to use a newer iPhone, minimally the iPhone 4S which hosts the required hardware.

Buenas Alex Santos

Tengo un par de consultas, te hablo en español porque es mas fácil entender en mi lengua nativa. Hablas español?

Hola Benjamin,

Alex no habla español, pero yo hablo un poquito. Que es tu pregunta?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, but I'm using Android. I can not detect the beacons - it seem that they are not working.

Could you provide some troubleshooting steps?

Hi Jose,

It might a battery problem. Drop me a line to wojtek@estimote.com, I can explain to you how to replace the battery and send you new enclosures for the beacons.

Cheers.