Node-Red & Secure UUID authentication via Estimote Cloud?

Hi guys,

I’m currently in the middle of a small home automation project in which I aim to detect the presence of mobile Estimote beacons using an internet-connected Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian in a fixed location within the premises.

I’m using node-red for the logic on the Pi, and detection of the beacon is working beautifully, however as an added precaution I would like to take advantage of the beacon’s Secure UUID functionality, and this is where I have hit a roadblock.

I understand that in the case of mobile apps, including the Estimote SDK within a project enables the use of the Secure UUID feature without any trouble, however that’s not going to be an option for me on the Pi, as other aspects of my project are dependent the Raspbian OS (otherwise, installing android and going down the app route may have been viable).

In light of this, I was wondering if I could verify the validity of a Secure UUID enabled beacon via the Estimote Cloud API. Thus far I’ve had no trouble retrieving device information via the cloud API using the device identifier, however there doesn’t seem to be anything within the Estimote Cloud API documentation regarding verification of a beacon operating in Secure UUID mode.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to hearing back from the community on this one. :slight_smile:

Kindest Regards,
Rhys Jones

It looks like you already found the right thread (:

Happy to continue the discussion/troubleshooting over there (: