New generation of Estimote Beacons is here!

Does the accelerometer inside the Beacons let us know the acceleration on 3 axis or only if the beacon is moving?

In the Telemetry packet, you get:

• raw readings on all 3 axis
  • binary “moving or not”
  • if the beacon is moving, for how long, and how long it previously was motionless
  • if the beacon is not moving, for how long, and how long it previously was in motion

Is the Indoor Location available for Android??

Unfortunately, not yet. This is more about the Android ecosystem itself (lots of devices each with different Bluetooth characteristics) than our beacon hardware. However, we’re exploring a few options on how to bring Indoor Location to Android, so stay tuned!

What are the changes introduced by the new SDK 4.0 for Android?? And where can I find it? I can’t find it on github.

We’re still putting final polish on the updated iOS and Android SDKs for the new beacons. These SDKs will be fully compatible with the current versions, and will simply add support for connecting to and configuring the new beacons and parsing the new packets (Estimote Telemetry, etc.)

I am some more questions. Will they be compatible with old beacons, meaning will they can be used simultaneous with each other?

Absolutely. The Location Beacons and the Proximity Beacons are both fully compatible with iBeacon and Eddystone standards, so any iBeacon/Eddystone code you have today will continue to work with the Location Beacons.

3 Likes