motionProximityUUID returns NULL

Hi,

I'm using the SDK 2.0 beta and ESTBeacon motionProximityUUID only returns NULL, even if I connect and perform writeMotionProximityUUID:completion with success.

Is there any known bug/issue regarding this feature? I'm assuming motionProximityUUID is the best way to detect movements when the beacon is not connected, is that correct?

Thank you.

Hi,

Motion UUID is available for firmware 2.0. You need to update your Beacon (the update will be available again soon, after we fix some bugs we've recently discovered). We will add proper documentation to annotate that.

Cheers.

p.s. my beacon firmware is updated to 2.0

bump :)

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry for the delay, reported to our devs, will be back soon!

Cheers.

Hi,

Did you connect to the Beacon? You need to connect to Beacon in order to be able to read motion UUID.

Cheers.

Hi Woktek, thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did try both ways: connected and not connected. The device was updated with firmware 2.0

Actually, I found the initial 2.0 Beta documentation to be a bit confusing in this aspect as it mentioned this property to be available before connecting. It made me wonder how it could be possible.

Shall I keep trying the current Beta 2.0 or should I wait for the updates that are being made?

Thank you.

Please keep using the beta 2.0, new updates are coming soon!

Cheers.

Hi Wojtek,

Sorry to jump in, I would like if above issues have been resolved and update is available ? Since I am interested the product and would like to place an order. Thanks.

Cheers,

Hi Jacky,

Firmware update 2.1 is already available, it includes fixes to most of the bugs we've detected in 2.0.

Cheers.