How to use Estimote Telemetry

I want to monitor my beacon battery.

I have turn on the “Estimote Telemetry” in the beacon setting but this message are showing
Scan and forward telemetry data to Estimote Cloud to show beacon sensor data here.”

=====

Code that I implemented:

self.proximityObserver = [[EPXProximityObserver alloc]
initWithCredentials:estimoteCloudCredentials
configuration:[EPXProximityObserverConfiguration customWithLogLevel:EPXLogLevelError
requestsCLAuthorization:NO
telemetryReportingEnabled:YES]
onError:^(NSError * _Nonnull error) {
NSLog(@“proximity observer error = %@”, error);
}];

=====

Any other code I still need to add?

You also need to start the observer. If you don’t care about proximity zones & enter/exit events, you can start it with an empty array:

[self.proximityObserver startObservingZones:@[]];

Hi,

I have already start the observer with a zone, but the portal still showing the message

Can you message me the identifier of the beacon?

I put it in reply cause I got the error “Sorry, you cannot send a personal message to that user.”

Identifier of the beacon: 851189f61038063e6fb0c614dd95f636

Thank you

So I took the beacon identifier and found your Estimote Account, and then I checked if there’s any telemetry recently sent from any mobile apps registered under that account, and I didn’t see any. But other requests (tags, attachments, analytics) are going through, so I dug deeper.

I now believe this a bug in the iOS Proximity SDK. If I read our code correctly, we’re waiting to collect 100 telemetry frames before sending them to Estimote Cloud. But, these need to be 100 frames from different beacons, which I believe is not the intended design :slight_smile:

Can you open a bug report on https://github.com/estimote/ios-proximity-sdk/issues, and reference this forum post?