Monitoring not permitted on iOS

Hello! I’m implementing a cross-platform app using proximity beacons. The Android version works pretty well, however I’m running into trouble on iOS. A simple proximity observation test app gives me the following error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (EstimoteProximitySDK.ProximityCLPermissionsGuard.Error error 1.)

ProximityObserver error: Error Domain=EPXProximityObserverErrorDomain Code=6 “Monitoring not permitted.” UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x280d62df0 {Error Domain=EstimoteProximitySDK.ProximityCLPermissionsGuard.Error Code=1 “(null)”}, NSLocalizedDescription=Monitoring not permitted., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please double check Core Location Services.}

At first I thought I had something wrong in my code or in the location services usage setting in the info.plist file. However, I generated a single proximity beacon test app directly from the templates in the Estimote Cloud, and get the same error… Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Andres

Did the app ask you for permission to access location, and did you grant it? (You can also check that in the Settings app => Privacy => Location Services. Your app should have either While Using or Always, depending whether you want enter/exit events in the foreground only, or in the background as well.

as it turns out, I just had the location services disabled… :blush: well… that was easy to fix :slight_smile: