Error creating app with Beacon

Hello!

Everytime that I try to download an app template that requires a beacon from the Estimote Cloud dashboard I get the message “This template requires 1 beacon to work. Since you don’t have any, you may want to buy beacons.”. I already have 2 beacons added as you can see in the following image but I can’t select any of them!

Do I need to do something else to add them?

Also, I bought 3 Estimote Proximity Beacons and only 2 get scanned by the app, how can I resolve this?

Thank you!

Looks like you bought an older generation of our beacons, which only supports iBeacon and Eddystone. Whereas most of the app templates use our own Estimote Proximity technology, which we have recently developed for better reliability and usability.

If you can, I’d return the beacons to whoever sold them to you, and order from estimote.com, we always ship the latest generation available.

If that’s not an option, you can still use your beacons with Apple’s Core Location (iBeacon) API, or Google’s Nearby (Eddystone) API, but you won’t be able to use Estimote Proximity SDKs.