Distance demo is not working?

Hi guys,

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

I just received my 3 beacons and I wanted to play with them. So I downloaded the IOS-SDK code from github. Nothing happened on an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1 (11D5145e).
I replaced the constant value to match on of my beacons (98CCDD6C-5661-F56C-2BD1-B6DC62D3331F) and still does not work. I do enter the beaconManager:(ESTBeaconManager *)manager didRangeBeacons:(NSArray *)beacons inRegion:(ESTBeaconRegion *)region, but the beacons array contains 0 objects.

I downloaded the app from the appStore, and it did not work at first (Yes, my bluetooth is ON). Then after a couple of launch, it started to work.

I used a code that I downloaded from https://github.com/Ekito/ProxiTest using this UUID 98CCDD6C-5661-F56C-2BD1-B6DC62D3331F and it works, but there a lot of interferences.

My question s pretty straightforward : how do I make the code from the distance demo work so that I can use the Estimote SDK (I read that you lower interferences right?)

Thanks.

Hi there,

At this point there are some issues with detecting Beacons in iOS 7.1 beta 4 and beta 5. In somem cases rebooting your iPhone proves effective, but for the time being it's the safest to use the latest stable release of iOS.

We're working to address the issue and plan to resolve it in the upcoming updates to our software and firmware.

Cheers.

Please let me know if you are able to run the distance demo and get correct beacons. i always get 0.

If your SDK sample code is not working, there's some problem with your iPhone, xcode project or something else... The sample codes work for everybody. I would get even more suspicious if you say the App Store app also did't find the beacons that come configured from the factory.

What do you exactly mean with "lower interferences"? They will always be there, but you can minimise them, either by setting your beacons transmission rate and power faster/higher or by physically removing interference sources from the area.

Actually Ricardo, it has something to do with iOS 7.1.
Ula answered a couple of days ago that Estimote techs are working on it. They'll announce it when the SDK is fixed.

Hi,

Beacon cant be detected beyond 10 meters .

If there are walls in between then range falls drastically to 5 meters.

I am using MOTO E android phone for test with Kitkkat Installed.

Please suggest.

Hi Sunny,

Did you try adjusting the boradcasting power? Remember that the greater the signal power, the longer the range. On default the range isn't set to it's maximum (+ 4dBm) to improve battery performance.

Cheers.