Demo App does not work

Downloaded the Demo App from IOS SDK and using a different device as a Estimote virtual Beacon. The app does not seem to do any thing when the other device is broadcasting as an iBeacon.

I was trying the notification demo and my app works perfectly fine when I enter and exit the region but i keep getting the notification every few minutes .
Does anybody know what method I need to use to stop the notification once I have received it any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi Sai,

Please refer to this article: https://community.estimote.com/hc/en-us/articles/200855526-Turn-Your-iOS-Device-Into-a-Beacon

Also the reason why your app does not detect the virtual beacon is probably beacuse it has different UUID.

Beacon:
ESTIMOTEPROXIMITYUUID - B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D

Virtual beacon:
ESTIMOTEIOSBEACONPROXIMITY_UUID - 8492E75F-4FD6-469D-B132-043FE94921D8

Let me know if it helps.

So, Should I change the Proximity_UUID in the code? distance, proximity and notification demos?..Thanks.

Sai, you are right. If you want to see Estimote Virtul Beacon you need to range using its Proximity UUID (mentioned above). Currently demo apps are looking for real beacons Proximity UUID only.

In the demo code, do you mean we should replace

ESTIMOTEPROXIMITYUUID identifier:@"EstimoteSampleRegion"

with something like:

ESTIMOTEIOSBEACONPROXIMITY_UUID identifier:@"8492E75F-4FD6-469D-B132-043FE94921D8"

?

Throw,

Yes, exactly. You have to use ESTIMOTEIOSBEACONPROXIMITY_UUID.
The identifier doesn't matter in this case.

Let me know, if you have any other questions.

Answering your question, when you want to stop invoking methods, just stop sending them in the code.
For example you can do this after one notification is displayed.