Data transfer to server

Hii,

I’m working on Estimote beacons. I want to know that how can we transfer the data through BLE device to our server. WE have some beacons over here, If some BLE device is in range Beacon will activate then data will send by the device to the server. How can we connect both of them data center & server. Please give me suggestions.

Thanks

Beacons just let your app know that they’re here, and what’s their ID. You can, e.g., use the monitoring API to have your app subscribe to an “enter” event, i.e., be notified whenever the smartphone has come in range of the beacon. And then you can handle that event however you want, e.g., by sending some data (analytics ping?) to your server, via regular iOS/Android APIs (or whatever other platform you might be using).

What I have done in on the web server I created a REST web service and then in the APP I was able to send the data via the JSON processor. Alternatively the other way you can do it is create a website that accepts URL Posts (information in the URL) and then just hit the webpage in your app with the data you want to save.

Tim

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. Sorry i was away from the system so can’t reply that time. Actually i want to put a central gateway so that i can get the data fake or genuine.

When you mean a central gateway do you mean a server that hosts a web service and a Database? IF so here is what happens, in your app you capture the data you want, Like example I capture the user information when they enter and exit the beacon range and send it to my web server which store that data in to a database. Here is some Android code that does it in SOAP:

public void SendMovement() {
String SOAP_ACTION = “http://tempuri.org/SendMovement”;
String METHOD_NAME = “SendMovement”;
String NAMESPACE = “http://tempuri.org/”;
String URL = “http://dev.YourWebsitename.net/networkdata/services/estimote/estimote.asmx”;
try {
WifiManager manager = (WifiManager) getSystemService(Context.WIFI_SERVICE);
WifiInfo info = manager.getConnectionInfo();
String MacAddress = info.getMacAddress();
SoapObject Request = new SoapObject(NAMESPACE, METHOD_NAME);
String sAccountInfo = getGoogleAccount();
Request.addProperty(“MacAddress”, MacAddress);
Request.addProperty(“BeaconID”, sActiveBeacon);
Request.addProperty(“AccountInfo”, sAccountInfo);
Request.addProperty(“EnterExit”, sInBeacon);
SoapSerializationEnvelope soapEnvelope = new SoapSerializationEnvelope(SoapEnvelope.VER11);
soapEnvelope.dotNet = true;
soapEnvelope.setOutputSoapObject(Request);
HttpTransportSE transport = new HttpTransportSE(URL);
transport.call(SOAP_ACTION, soapEnvelope);
resultString = (SoapPrimitive) soapEnvelope.getResponse();
Log.i(TAG, "Result Message: " + resultString);
} catch (Exception ex) {
Log.e(TAG, "Error: " + ex.getMessage());
}
}

as you can see it gets the MacAddress, BeaconID, and AccountInfo and if its a enter or exit and sends that data to the web service.

Thanks Tim,

You are going correct, But i’m working on backend. I created a portal which contains delete, insert,select,update functions. I want to capture the data to web server & store it to data base. Just want to know that how can i push or pull the data from web server to database & database to client. I want to use java for that. I’m newbie for java & beacons also.

I made a gateway using Raspberry Pi’s and sent data to my server that way also.

Thanks Tim,

This is an android code. Now i’m not working at android app side. I’m just working on server side. i have a portal with some functions & database in server. Gateway will be my system. Need to create something in JAVA. It will be an intermidiate thing. It’ll be like a dashboard. It can be like websocket gateway.

How could you do that? Do you mind sharing more details? thanks

Yes I have no problems sharing the details… I will post something later tomorrow, sorry I have been busy with other tasks.

Tim

It is not a simple process

I don’t think your question is specific to beacons. You’re essentially trying to push some data from a smartphone to another device, without going through the Internet, is that correct? If so, then maybe some more generic developer forum would give you better results—Stack Overflow maybe?

I made a gateway using Raspberry Pi’s and transfer data to my server that way also

I also need to transfer data but I don’t know how to do that, please gives me more details.

I have problem,
How send data from database in rasberry to database sever in pc?

How to transfer data ? from Android to computer or from phone to phone ?I’m not sure
If it’s one of them , perhaps , you can use the Android phone transfer tool , It can meet all your requirements,
It can be used to transfer Android messages ,photos ,videos,contacts to computer or other phone

It is simple to get the way to transfer text messages from Android phone, not much time and few steps, you can finish this thing. I have searched the simple guides on google, and I find it is very easy.

This topic has become mostly a honey-pot for spammers I see, so I’ll lock it.