Create notification from one app to push to beacon and use another app to receive

How to make a management app that can change beacon notification message.

To clarify it a bit better:

1. App A - creates the notification without receiving - can modify this at anytime and push to beacon

2. App B - receives the notification from beacon but without ability to change the message

From the android example its all hardcoded and not able to change message body on the fly from one app to another.

Just for proximity that I am looking for and indoor.
If anyone could direct me in the right direction it would be much appreciated :grin:

Beacons themselves don’t store the notifications to send. It’s the app that decides whether to send a notification, and what it should be.

If you want to be able to change the notifications at any time, the best way to go about it is to store them in a backend. Nowadays, you don’t even need to have web dev skills to build one, you can use e.g. Firebase.

The app code then would do something like this:

• detect a beacon “enter”
  • download the notification from Firebase/backend
  • show that notification

Alternatively, the Location Beacons come with 1 Mb of memory that you can access, so you could store your notification there. The code in this case would be:

• detect a beacon “enter”
  • connect to the beacon and retrieve the notification message from the memory
  • show that notification

Here’s an example of accessing the memory on iOS:

1 Like

Thanks mate - I’ll give this a go :thumbsup:
Though is there an Android example?

hi,nikysc,
I too am trying to read and write to the eeprom storage and am running into the same problems. Did you ever get a response to whether their was an Android Example floating around. I’ve been searching for a few weeks for a solution but can’t seem to find anything for Android.