Beacon detection failed after upgrading to Estimote App 2.22.1

My beacon app has stopped working on both of my iOS devices (ipad3 & iPhone5). I used the iOS Estimote App v 2.22.1 to look for the beacon. Neither device can find the beacon but the Andriod Estimote App v 3.8 can find the beacon. The beacon is running firmware version D3.4 with 310 days battery life.

In fact, I suspect it is an iOS problem as both iOS devices have recently been upgraded to 9.2.1 (13D15). Are you aware of any compatibility problem with this version of iOS?

There is definitely a problem with the iBeacon detection on the latest iOS. I have just performed a factory reset and upgraded to iOS 9.3.2 (13F69) and iBeacon detected still completely failed. This does not appear to be an Estimote specific problem. Other iBeacon scanner also couldn’t find the beacon. However I can pair with my Platronics headset. The Android Estimote app running on my Samsung S4 picks up the Estimote beacon and retrieved all beacon details via the Estimote cloud.

Please raise a bug case with Apple against this after you have validated the problem. They would probably pay more attention to your bug case.

That’s weird, works perfectly fine with my 9.3.2 and the latest app.

Can you double-check if you have Location Services enabled for the Estimote app?

Also, if your beacons have custom UUID, you need to be logged in to your Estimote Account in the app to see them. (iOS requires apps to know the UUID of beacons they want to detect, so our Estimote iOS app fetches that information from your Cloud account, but only if you’re logged in.)