Are stickers good to trigger videos/photos within 3 feet?

Ok i bought sticker 9 months ago. . Am disappointed they have yet to arrive. But am wanting them to work over a premature delivery.

I am a Realtor and need about 8 stickers for loading a video-info areas of a home for sale; kitchen. 2 for both doorways, livingroom, dinning room, masterbedroom, basement, backdoor to yard.

So passing by a sticker with in 3 feet needs to activate a tablet. (Android?)

I worry how hard this will be to program a sticker to load a file, mp4 or html page

Using the more costly estimote would cost me 300 dollars per house which is cost prohibitive

So passing by a sticker with in 3 feet needs to activate

Check. :white_check_mark:

(Android?)

Check. :white_check_mark:

I worry how hard this will be to program a sticker to load a file, mp4 or html page

Stickers themselves only broadcast an identifier (think: “123” and “456”). The tablet needs to detect that the user is standing near the sticker “123,” and then load a picture/video/web page itself, e.g., from YouTube or Flickr. Different sticker IDs will allow the tablet to load different content (e.g., “123” = load an intro video from YouTube, “456” = load a web page with pricing etc.)

Using the more costly estimote would cost me 300 dollars per house which is cost prohibitive

1 beacon dev kit = 3 beacons with an out-of-the-box lifetime of 3 years, which can be extended up to 5 by enabling our power modes and decreasing broadcasting range (since you only need 3 feet). That’s a total of 15-year lifetime.

1 stickers dev kit = 10 stickers with up to a year lifetime, for a total of up to 10-year lifetime.

For your use case, the bigger beacons might actually be better from economical.