Android Estimote App

Hello,

I puchased 10 stickers set from Estimote. I started using them and they were working fine. Then I transferred them to another Estimote account. They suddenly stopped being detected even from estimote Android app. Please help. I need to adjust sticker’s settings, how can I do this?

Your stickers should be visible in the Estimote apps no matter what account they’re assigned to. Can you double-check if you have Bluetooth enabled?

In the Android app, you also need to move a sticker in order for it be become connectable, and appear on the list? (Stickers can be detected in your own apps no matter if they’re moving or not, but you can only connect to them and access their settings when they’re moving.)

I used several phones and all presented the same problem, and of course the bluetooth was enabled.I tried to nudging the stickers all the time but the result is the same.

I send you the screenshots of the problem.

I don’t thinks that this problem depends on telephone or sticker, but on their firmware and on the android app because with the app IOS I can see and change their settings normally.
Through the Estimote App for IOS I have updated the firmware of some old stickers, and then they works also with Android, but with the stickers that have already been upgraded there is nothing I can do to access and modify the parameters.

I have exactly the same problem. :confused: can someone help us please?

I have the same problem on an android estimote app. Even I can not find nearable on primary packet type.
I use 2 devices redmi note 3/ HTC one v.

I don’t know more about it because I am new.

Some Android devices are known to have problems or other quirks with their Bluetooth stack—we’re doing our best to workaround most of these, but it’s an ongoing, never-ending process.

In case of Stickers, they only enter “connectable” mode when you shake them, it’s a little power-saving optimization. So it might help if you keep nudging your sticker every ~ 3 seconds while the “connecting” process takes place.

I tried to use several phones but there is the same problem. I don’t thinks that this problem depends on telephone or sticker. I tried to nudging the stickers all the time but the result is the same.

Finally I resolved my problem, the IOS app can connect to the stickers, in this way I could update the firmware and then also the android app works fine. Probably, when you have update the estimote app, it doesn’t work for stickers with an old version of the firmware.

By downloading old versions of the Android App I managed to connect to the devices. But so far I haven’t found the correct version to be able to upgrade the firmware.

So there are no plans from Estimote to fix the backwards compatibility of the SDK?