Xcode 9.3 - Swift 4.1 runtime problem

Yesterday, I was able to build our app including the EstimoteProximitySDK cocoa pod.
However, this morning I wanted to run the app on my phone which is running iOS 11.3, but Xcode 9.2 wouldn’t let me. I updated Xcode to 9.3, cleaned and rebuilt the app, but now I’m running into a crash when the app comes up.

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libswiftCore.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/rick/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/4CF5F5EE-2373-41D8-90AF-686D472DE56A/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/A7EBDF13-7CE3-4D41-AED6-0E9CF14CBABA/Essenza App.app/Frameworks/EstimoteProximitySDK.framework/EstimoteProximitySDK
Reason: Incompatible library version: EstimoteProximitySDK requires version 1.0.0 or later, but libswiftCore.dylib provides version 0.0.0

I went and downloaded Xcode 9.2, so I now have both versions installed. I can run fine using 9.2, but I cannot run using 9.3.

I’m guessing it has something to do with this:

Any suggestions on how to make the estimote SDK work with Xcode 9.3?

This appears to be reproducible using the “Proximity for Multiple Beacons” template for Objective C. Note: This template appears to generate a weird syntax error at the bottom of the ViewController.m file when trying to return a CGSize. Code needed to be fixed to use CGSizeMake.

Anyway, when using Xcode 9.3, I encounter the same problem with this sample app. Builds fine, but I hit the same library issue when I run the app (I’m targeting 8+ running 11.3 in simulator).

I did a pod update and noticed it bumped the SDK from 0.11.2 to 0.11.3, but this didn’t change my outcome.

Any ideas?

Can you try this version?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bpl3h3cmd3q4lok/EstimoteProximitySDK.framework_0.11.3_Swift4.1.zip

I’ve recompiled it with Xcode 9.3 and Swift 4.1.

The version currently in CocoaPods and on our GitHub was compiled with Swift 4.0. There were ABI (binary-level) changes in Swift 4.1, so you can’t use that version with the newest Xcode. I’m surprised it you even managed to compile your app, I’d expect Xcode to give you a compile error about mismatching Swift versions.

Yes. That works. Our app doesn’t currently use any swift, so there were no source files to be mismatched. That’s also why I was using the obj c template.

Thank you!

Hi,
We are also facing the same issue.
The Proximity SDK is not loading. Our app is in Objective C.

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libswiftCore.dylib
_ Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C6E43730-4648-46C2-946D-67C3475CBAEB/devscanitss.app/Frameworks/EstimoteProximitySDK.framework/EstimoteProximitySDK_
_ Reason: image not found_

We followed this link for the integration. Tried with Pods and manual ways.
https://developer.estimote.com/proximity/ios-tutorial/

Could you please help on this?

Are you by any chance using it in an Obj-C project? If yes, have you by any chance enabled the “Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries” option in build settings? I see it’s mentioned in the manual installation instructions on GitHub, but not in the integration tutorial on the dev portal.

Thank You very much for your help.
The issue got resolved after updating XCode to 9.3.
It is an Obj-C project. I had already enabled the “Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries”.

Now I’m getting another crash which is same as that reported here:

Could you please help on this?

Regards,
Nandhu