Xamarin Bindings, samples nor sdk works

Just to get some extra eyes on this, the Xamarin bindings have never worked. The sample code and bidings do not return any devices, they aren’t even interfacing with a bluetooth adapter on the device.

The correct permissions have been set and aquired, the Estimote Android native libraries work fine but these xamarin bindings seem like they have never been tested.

This applies to versions:

any ideas?

Hey @DogFive,

The Xamarin plugins are created and maintained independently of Estimote. AFAIK, the latest updates were more than a year ago, and our software, including the firmware on beacons, has changes a ton. If you’re able to use native Android solutions, I’d really recommend that over the plugin. We can’t really say if those plugins work, and there’s little we can do to get them updated in any way.
Cheers!

@Raphael

I can write a script to re-bind everytime you guys make a release on Jcenter. I just found out you guys are doing official releases through Jcenter and last night I was able to create a binding library for this and make it work correctly.

Please let me know if you’re interested and I’ll upload to github.

Hey @DogFive, I’m actually experimenting with binding our new Android Proximity SDK (https://github.com/estimote/android-proximity-sdk) to Xamarin, so I’d love to compare notes and see how you went about binding the current Estimote SDK (:

I’ll be uploading my results soon to:

@heypiotr

When you go to bind your Jars/AAR you have to place them inside the jar folder and build with the file as an embedded resource. It will shit out some warnings, sometimes its unable to bind automatically and you need to rewrite some wrapping functions manually. Make sure to create a Xamarin page and upload bindings to nuget so when people create a new solution they can easily resolve the references.

I’ll create bindings for the other SDKs you have and see how well they work. The current libraries on xamarin do not work.

Hello, I just downloaded the code and compile the jars… except one, kotlin-stdlib-1.2.0.jar-lite.jar, somehow this one doesn’t work or is created, do you have a updated script or something I need to do?

best regards,

I’m in the same boat, missing the jar-lite.jar file. Guess I’ll have to keep looking for other Xamarin (Android and iOS) examples.

cheers.

I just tried and couldn’t reproduce the problem. Did you run the download_jars.sh script as the README suggests?

Hi. I’m experimenting with Estimote Xamarin Bindings (https://github.com/Estimote/Xamarin-Bindings), and I have the same issue with missing the jar-lite.jar file. I have followed the README.
Because of the missing file, on the Android version of the provided Example application, the namespace Kotlin (Kotlin.Jvm.Functions.IFunction1) is not found. Also the method WithOnEnterAction is missing (everything that references the Kotlin namespace). So I can compile the Android Example App if a comment MyEnterHandler, MyErrorHandler classes and WithOnEnterAction, WithOnErrorAction method calls.
I have tried this several times. I did not found a log with the problems.
Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Did you get any errors when running download_jars.sh? I only had a chance to test it on my macOS, what OS are you using?

I’m running on Windows 10. It is hard to tell if there is an error, because when I execute download_jars.sh a new window opens and the logs are dumped there. When the download_jars.sh finishes the window is closed and I do not get to see the final message. I don’t see any log file on the folder structure.

Gotcha—I doubt very much this script works properly on Windows :slight_smile:

Here’s a ZIP with all the Jars for the current version, until we figure our a better solution for Windows users:

Thank you. With the provided Jars-0.4.1.zip file I was able to compile the Proximity sample. I can confirm that it works from macOS.

0.4.1 is an old version, now you are in version 1.0.3
Its possible to update it to the last version?

I was trying to update the bindings in Visual Studio but with no success :frowning:

Someone has tried?

Hi All,

I am using Xamarin estimote version -1.1.0 it works fine in all android version in oreo also.
But I unable to connect to beacon to read telemetry information.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Exactly what package is on version 1.1.0 ( Estimotes.Xplat,Xamarin.Estimote.Android, Android-Proximity-SDK) and on what platform? Android ,IOS?

Hi Mtelle,

It is for Android.

Whats the name of the package? nuget? (Estimotes.Xplat,Xamarin.Estimote.Android, Android-Proximity-SDK)
Or you have your own binding dll?

Hi Mtelle,

I have installed using Nuget package manager, hence it is a nuget package
by using command : Install-Package Estimotes-Xamarin -Version 1.1.0

for android.

Hi Nothingnew, are still working with Xamarin and Estimote? I’m a Xamarin Developer and I have some issues integrating my Estimote beacons to my Android App. Any help will be worthy.