Win10 and IOT CORE

Hello, is there a way to detect motion from a Nearable sticker on a win10 device using C#? I want to try on a desktop first and then move to win10 iot core on Rasberry PI3.

Thanks

Hi,

It’s definitely possible. Windows Universal Apps have APIs for Bluetooth Advertisement and you can easily read them. Not sure if Raspberry Pi has bluetooth built it, so you’ll probably need external dongle for that.

Here you can find some examples (they’re for Windows Phone, but the principle and APIs are the same):

The problem is you’ll just receive the packet, and you’ll have to do everything by yourself (decoding the bytes and what means what).

There were also some discussion and code samples in this thread: Windows Universal App Support

1 Like

Thanks! I figured I would have to decode bytes. The main thing I want to is to detect movement!

It would be awesome for Estimote to provide SDK for windows, with all the diff devices phones are not the only thing these Beacons could be used for.

Thanks

Hi,

Windows 10 IoT Core Downloads

OS Packages for custom and commercial FFUs running the Long-Term servicing channel
In the Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC), only security and reliability updates are offered to devices to keep them stable and secure for long periods of time. Devices are never updated to the next available feature update, enabling them to stay on the same release for up to 10 years. A subscription to Windows 10 IoT Core Services is required for devices running the Long-Term servicing channel. For details on how to purchase and use Windows 10 IoT Core Services, see
Windows 10 IoT Core Packages – Windows 10 IoT Core - version 1809 - January Refresh (LTSC)
OS Packages for custom and commercial FFUs running the Semi-Annual servicing channel
In the Semi-Annual Servicing Channel (SAC), feature updates are available as soon as Microsoft releases them, typically every 6 months. Each feature update release will be supported and offered quality updates for 18 months from the time of its release. A subscription to Windows
10 IoT(IoT Training) Core Services can be used, but is not required, for devices running the Semi-Annual servicing channel.

Thanks and Regards,
Lavanya Sreepada.