When i put all four beacons close to the device i get calibration failed

The whole story is: we’ve recently deprecated Indoor Location support for Proximity Beacons (hardware revisions “D” and “G”). Going forward with the latest versions of the app and SDK, Location Beacons (hardware revision “F”) are now the only officially supported beacons for Indoor Location. They have better battery life to allow very aggressive advertising intervals required for precise indoor positioning, support broadcasting multiple packets at the same time (e.g., the Estimote Location packet that’s now required for Indoor Location, and an iBeacon packet enabled by default), etc.

You can read more about why we’ve split our product line into Proximity and Location beacons in our recent blog post:

Unofficially => at this time, you can still use Proximity Beacons for Indoor Location if you do the trick @sh5dragon5 mentioned. It’s necessary, because Proximity Beacons only support broadcasting a single packet (iBeacon, Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-URL, Estimote Location) at a time + one telemetry packet (either Estimote Telemetry or Eddystone-TLM).

So when the Indoor Location app tried to enable the Location packet, but the beacon is already set to broadcast iBeacon, it fails. If you disable all the packets (iBeacon, Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-URL), it should work. I think the packet @sh5dragon5 mentioned is the Eddystone-TLM packet, which Proximity Beacons support alongside the Estimote Location packet, that’s why it worked for him.

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS THOUGH

1. The accuracy of Indoor Location will be worse with Proximity Beacons. If you want the best accuracy, use Location Beacons.
  2. In one of the upcoming updates to the Indoor Location app, we’ll disable support for Proximity Beacons completely. Just a heads up.