Update Failed

Hi,
I'm trying to update beacons with the new ios SDK beta(2.0).
Two of my beacons were updated, but the last beacon is impossible to update.
The "Example" application says: "Update progress: FAILED!

Now I can't use the beacon in my application, in the estimote app neither.

I tried to remove the battery, an re-insert it, but it still doesn't work.

How can I resolve this problem?
Stefano.

Hi!

Thanks for reporting this.

Please do the following:
1. Go to "Example" application again.
2. Choose "Update firmware".
3. Look for a beacon that displays no major/minor - it's the one that failed.
4. Update that beacon.

Let me know, if that helped!

I noticed the same issue when I had multiple sensors around. The problem was gone when I went to another room and had -only- the sensor being updated very close to the phone.

Thanks Ricardo for sharing this!

Thanks Ricardo, it worked for me!

Of my three sensors, I have only be able to update one of them. I attempted to update the other two by isolating during update but that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Hans,

I'm sorry it took us so long to reply to you.

There are still some bugs in the 2.0 beta version of our SDK, so right now the only thing he can do is try a couple more times.

We are releasing an updated version next Monday.

Hi, i have a problem.. i am trying to update from firmware 1.9 to 2.0 my beacons but when i do it with the Example app everything it ok until the update progress get stock in 0%. Can i have some help with this??

Hi I have a similar issue when I tried to update 2 beacons from firmware 1.9 to 2.1. They were stuck at 10% for about 3-4 minutes. Then, the example app gave up and declared the update failed. Keep retrying but no success. Restart the app. It said it found 1 "unsupported beacon" I chose update, but both beacons stuck at "rebooting". I can no longer detect those 2 beacons. I tried to update both beacons with only 1 beacon being close to the phone and the rest of them far away in another room. It's very frustrated when the update failed with no warning no error and no fallback. Please help. Thanks.

@Sergio,

Aga has already sent you a message, so I believe your problems will be solved soon.

@Raymond

Please check your inbox for a message from me.

I'm experiencing the same problem as Raymond.
Could you post the solution please?

Hi Chris,

Did you try the advice of Ricardo Menezes: "I noticed the same issue when I had multiple sensors around. The problem was gone when I went to another room and had -only- the sensor being updated very close to the phone."

If it doesn't work you can write me directly at aga [at] estimote.com it will be easier to advice you via email.

Thanks!