Rotate indoorLocationView

Hi guys,

in the IndoorLocation Example (xib file) there is a switch-element called “rotateOnUpdateSwitch”. When I turn this switcher to “on” the room-polygon rotate like me. Thats fine. But I was wondering if I could rotate this “view” by myself? I tried this

self.indoorLocationView.transform = CGAffineTransformMakeRotation(DEGREES_TO_RADIANS(140));

and it worked for a second. I think the line

[self.indoorLocationView updatePosition:position];

in

- (void)indoorLocationManager:(ESTIndoorLocationManager *)manager

set my view back to the “cloud”-angle.

What I’m trying to do is: I would like to a have a view a map of my location (so I placed some Icons on this view) and I overlayed the cloud-polygon (indoorLocationView) but these two View are in different angles/rotations.

Thanks for helping me!
Florian

Ha, interesting. What if after every

[self.indoorLocationView updatePosition:position];

you apply the

self.indoorLocationView.transform = CGAffineTransformMakeRotation(DEGREES_TO_RADIANS(140));

again? I know it’s not the most elegant solution, but wondering if that would help. In the meantime, we’ll check why the updatePosition reverts the rotation.

Sure, i tried that:

Here is the result:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15432050/IMG_4196.m4v

I think this happens because updatePosition:position is called every second.

What I try to do: I would like to add some icons (for user orientation) at the generated indoorlocation polygon. Maybe there is a different (or even better) method to achieve this?

Thanks!

And that’s with rotateOnUpdateSwitch turned off?

yes! I solved it for now by adding my icons as sublayers to the indoorLocationView.

[self.indoorLocationView.layer addSublayer:shapeLayer];
1 Like