Proximity beacon accelerometer sensitivity, limits and configuration options?

I am testing how sensitive the beacons are to movement, and the results haven’t been what I had hoped so far. I have the Estimote iPad app installed, has clicked into one of my beacons and then slide it around a table. If I slide it fairly slowly, the app doesn’t report any movement. I have to use a little force / shake in most cases to make the app detect the movement. I have made sure to stop for a few seconds after every movement.

I have looked a little in the forum and website for information on motion sensitivity, but haven’t really found anything that gives me the details I need. I am also very new to this, so apologies if these are complete newbie question.

Anyway, my questions are as follows:

1. Can I configure how sensitive the accelerometer should be?
  2. How slow motion can the accelerometer detect?
  3. How small a motion can the accelerometer detect?
  4. Can the motion UUID broadcast have other settings than the regular UUID? (Transmit Power, Advertising Interval etc.)
  5. What are the complete list of settings that are relevant to motion?
  6. I have struggled to find a proper description of all configuration options anywhere. Pointers to where I can find it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

What app do you want to build, and what level of sensitivity would it require? Regardless of the answers to the questions below, we can always change things if you have some kick-ass use-case in mind, and are only held back by the accelerometer configuration (:

As for the questions:

1. Can I configure how sensitive the accelerometer should be?

No.

2. How slow motion can the accelerometer detect?
3. How small a motion can the accelerometer detect?

A single sample from the accelerometer over 109 mg acceleration on any axis will trigger the “in motion” status. Sample rate is 10 Hz.

4. Can the motion UUID broadcast have other settings than the regular UUID? (Transmit Power, Advertising Interval etc.)

No. There’s “motion only” conditional broadcasting mode though, where the beacon only broadcasts when in motion.

5. What are the complete list of settings that are relevant to motion?
6. I have struggled to find a proper description of all configuration options anywhere. Pointers to where I can find it?

ESTBeaconConnection reference has all the settings for the Proximity Beacons:
http://estimote.github.io/iOS-SDK/Classes/ESTBeaconConnection.html

For Location Beacons, that’ll be all the classes with names starting with ESTSetting:
http://estimote.github.io/iOS-SDK/