Indoor Location - Can't determine position

First, just got my estimote beacons yesterday. I went through and configured my location. Using the sample Indoor Map app (https://github.com/Estimote/iOS-Indoor-SDK/tree/master/Examples/IndoorMap), I ran the app and I am getting the following error:

failed to update position: Error Domain=com.estimote Code=1 “Can’t determine position outside the location.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Can’t determine position outside the location.}

Not sure what is causing this. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Turns out my beacons did not have location monitoring enabled. My bad!

2 Likes

Hi, this is happening to me too. Im using iOS13.1.2 with 3.0.0-alpha in podfile

I have beacons configured correctly. And the location works on the iOS Indoor App.

But I still get:

Error Domain=com.estimote Code=1 “Can’t determine position outside the location.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Can’t determine position outside the location.}

Even I tried to install previous version until 2.0.0 of the SDK but without luck.

I created location from the iOS app and manually but without luck.

I actually get all Location information when I get the closure response of sendRequest.

Any advice? Beacon have 4.13.2 firmware and are F3.3 Hardware Revision.

1 Like

I have a same problem everything is configured correctly and I still get.

Error Domain=com.estimote Code=1 “Can’t determine position outside the location.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Can’t determine position outside the location.}

Did you fix it?

1 Like

Any updates on this ? I am getting the same error

Yes. I too have the same error.

I have the same issue, with location beacons. I’ve also seen that the “indoor location” broadcasting seems enabled on estimote app, but it is not on Estimote Cloud.