Can't determine position for iOS Indoor Location

Hello,

I have created an Indoor Map with my estimote location beacons, and after I fetch the location with an EILRequestFetchLocation, I startPositionUpdates. However, it keeps returning the following error:

Error Domain=com.estimote Code=1 "Can't determine position outside the location." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Can't determine position outside the location.}

I search around the community but I couldn’t find any workaround that fixes that.
Could you give me some possible solutions, please?
My code is based on your app IndoorMap.

ESTConfig.setupAppID("<my-app-id>", andAppToken: "<my-app-token>")

self.locationManager = EILIndoorLocationManager()
self.locationManager.delegate = self
self.locationManager.mode = .normal

let fetchLocationRequest = EILRequestFetchLocation(locationIdentifier: "my-area")
fetchLocationRequest.sendRequest { (location, error) in
    if let location = location {
        self.location = location
        self.locationManager.startPositionUpdates(for: self.location)
    } else if let error = error {
        print("can't fetch location: \(error)")
    }
}

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve tried a number of different changes and still always end up with the same error message. Let me know if you ever get anything working. I thought for a second it had to do with bluetooth not being authorized but adding it to the plist and verifying it has access has all been done on my end.

Hi there,

unfortunately as COVID-19 situation became a global issue, and we had to focus on Contact Tracing devices, we had to withdraw from supporting Location SDK.

I apologize for this inconvenience.