Find closest beacon

Hi there! I’m using the estimote proximity beacons and I’ve put the three of them around my apartment. I’m having mixed results with losing connectivity with a beacon when I’m next to it, and occasionally I’ll pick up two signals. This would be fine if I could determine which beacon is closer. In this situation I’m sitting right below one, so I imagine the signal strength would be stronger.

Do you have any recommendations for how to resolve this situation? I’m on iOS. I notice this appears to be less of an issue with the Estimote App beacon listing.

My usecase is that I’m trying to turn on my projector while I’m sitting on the couch, and turn it off when I leave the area. The issue that I’m running into is that the enter and exit events fire a couple times an hour while I’m hanging out near the beacon. Is this common? I can add delays and timeouts in my logic to accommodate for this, but then all of that adds latency. I know iOS ultimately decides when it checks for Beacons.

Right now I’m having better luck with a motion sensor, but I’d like for it to be more accurate. So that a dog won’t set it off for example.

Thanks!