Detecting which beacon is the nearest with 1-7 meters

Dear everyone,

I am a newbie in this beacon tech however I am currently assisting a client exploring the possibility of using the beacon for the following specific purpose. Here is the scenario: say there is a rectangular object as viewed from the top:
A - 7 meter
------------------------------------------------------------------
| |
| |
B | | C - 3-4 meter
| |
| |
------------------------------------------------------------------
D

The situation is pretty much a typical stand in a home and garden exhibition. They intend to build an app that utilize what estimote promote its beacon to be used in exhibition or airport where when the phone senses it via bluetooth, it returns information about its whereabouts. It seems to be quite applicable when used in museum, airport, etc whose distance is much bigger.

Could anyone assist whether the same concept could be used in a much smaller scale such as drawn in the above diagram. The idea is when their visitor approaches their stand with their app on, the visitor’s phone detect the closest beacon in the area so it would call any information related to what is on the display.

I am not much of a science person but I know that signal interference can happen if two devices are within a proximity. Also based on the example and estimote promotion, it appears that the above scenario would work considering that it is installed not too adjacent to each other.

Also my second question is whether what exist in any SDK be accurate enough to detect which beacon is the closest to minimize interference with other beacon who might be in a range with the same proximity distance to the phone.

I look forward to anyone 2 cents. Thank’s in advance.