Estimote Monitoring 1.1 does not work when app is suspended

I was really excited when I read about the Estimote Monitoring 1.1 Update. The estimote blog says:
"
Another reported Monitoring issue was related to the app being stopped while not in the foreground. After exiting the beacon’s range and staying away for an extended period of time, Monitoring would not respond when a user reapproached. Now it does, every dang time!
"
I downloaded the Sample App from the Estimote Cloud but I can´t get the notifications to work when the App is suspended.

Best,
Stephan

Hello Stephan,

It is great to hear that you are so excited about Estimote Monitoring!
In order to use Estimote Monitoring 1.1 you have to change beacon’s configuration (even if you have already enabled Estimote Location packet in Estimote app.). You may find instructions here.

Please let me know it this solves your issue.

Best,
Bartek, Beacon reliability team

Dear Bartek,
thanks very much for your reply. Now indeed it works. I thought it´s the same as activating the Location Packet in the Estimote App.

Thanks again
Stephan

I´ve been playing around with it now for a while and really works pretty well. Will this be available for the proximity beacons at some point?

Best
Stephan

Yes it will (: And probably sooner than later!

Hi Piotr, that´s very good news! Will the proximity beacon than be able to broadcast to packets? iBeacon and Location or do I need to choose one?
Thanks
Stephan