Enabling motionUUID

I am a little confused when it comes to enabling motionUUID. The idea behind motionUUID is to identify a beacon that is in motion without needing to connect to it. But in order to enable motionUUID, i need to connect to it at least one time in my app to set the motionUUID up via writeMotionUUID and writeMotionDetection. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding something?

What i mentioned above is the only way I can get it to work in my app currently.

Correct—think about it as a setup step. Just like you usually connect to a beacon at least once before deploying it—to modify it’s UUID, major, minor, range, adv. frequency or power modes—you also connect at least once here just to enable the accelerometer and motion UUID.

ok I see. And will there be a switch to do this in the estimote app? If so what do you think the ETA is of such feature?

For my app it wont be easy to do this manually with code (as a part of my app) as a user using my app will be in the presence of easily over 100+ estimotes in a given area at a time and this could get cumbersome.