Demo example doesn't work

I downloaded last version sdk and run example.xcodeproj.
I launched app on my iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1 and xcode 6. The only two examples seem to work are "Update firmware demo" where I find my beacon and can read data , and "My Beacons in cloud demo" (after authorized). All the other examples push an empty table.

Making debug I noted the execution does not enter inside completion:

demoViewController = [[ESTBeaconTableVC alloc] initWithScanType:ESTScanTypeBeacon
completion:^(ESTBeacon *beacon) {

ESTDistanceDemoVC *distanceDemoVC = [[ESTDistanceDemoVC alloc] initWithBeacon:beacon];
                [self.navigationController pushViewController:distanceDemoVC animated:YES];
            }];

but skip on

if (demoViewController)
{
[self.navigationController pushViewController:demoViewController animated:YES];
}

Can you help me ?

Hey guys -- just pushed an update to our GitHub repo that fixes the iOS 7 problems. Enjoy and let us know if anything's still amiss!

Marco -- thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll take a look at what's going on.

I am experiencing the exact same thing as Marco on an iPhone 5 with XCode 6.0.1 and iOS 7.1. The "Cloud Beacons" and "Update Firmware Demo" options work, but all the other demo options just show an empty table.

Rod - thanks for chiming in. Had a busy week at Estimote, so I'll be looking into this issue early next week. Going to keep you posted!

No problem Piotr. I had a brief trawl through the Example code and found that there is an assumption in there that we are using iOS 8 (see ESTBeaconTableVC.m, line 107), with it's new permissions scheme for beacon access. But note that both Marco and I are using iOS 7.1. I suspect this is the heart of the problem. Thanks!

Hi Rob, I am sure you have probably fixed your issue but for anyone else that may come across this question. Line 107 in ESTBeaconTableVC.m does assume you are running iOS 8.0+. You can circumvent this by replacing the line (107):
[self.beaconManager requestAlwaysAuthorization];
with the following lines to test iOS version:
if([[[UIDevice currentDevice] systemVersion] compare:@"8.0" options:NSNumericSearch] != NSOrderedAscending)
{
[self.beaconManager requestAlwaysAuthorization];
} else {
[self.beaconManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:self.region];
}

Hi Kai...I'm not seeing the line 107 you are talking about in ESTBeaconTableVC.m . I even searched the project for "requestAlwaysAuthorization" and I couldn't find it...I downloaded the SDK today (10/10/2014) and I'm looking in Examples.xcodeproj.

Hi Steve, The line I was referring to to apply this hackish fix is now on line 112. As can be seen here in the Git.
(https://github.com/Estimote/iOS-SDK/blob/master/Examples/Examples/ESTBeaconTableVC.m)
Are you sure xcode is properly searching the whole project?

Thanks Kai for the quick response. I got a chance to look at the issue and it's a problem with GitHub. I had clicked the "Download Zip" button to download the project, but for some strange reason it didn't download the latest code. That's why the line numbers did not match up and why Xcode couldn't find "requestAlwaysAuthorization" anywhere in the code. I've now gotten the latest code (using "Tower app" instead of downloading from Zip) from GitHub and I can see the part of the code that you are talking about. I can now start working with the example code using your fix...thanks so much for your help!