Background location warning

Hello, is there a way to not get the following warning:

Because i dont use location in background, only beacon monitoring. Is there a way to hide this warning?

With Estimote Proximity SDK (powered by Estimote Monitoring), you can use the “only while using” permission, and then there’s no such warning.

With iBeacon, monitoring strictly requires the “always” permission, even if you only want to use it in the foreground, and this warning will be a thing. A work-around would be to use iBeacon ranging, which only requires the “while in use” permission, although it’s slightly less convenient for detecting enter/exits.

Okay thank you!
But is it still providing the enter/exits in the background (and if the app is killed), if i only have the while in use permission?

Hah! Naturally, we can only guarantee enter/exits to work in the background if you have the “always” permission.

Okay, so there is actually no way to have the events in the background - and not see the warning from above?
Hmm that sucks, as i would absolutly need the enter/exit events in the background.

there is actually no way to have the events in the background - and not see the warning from above?

Generally speaking, yes. Both iOS and Android consider proximity to beacons to be location data (vast majority of the time that is actually correct—the whole point of beacons is that your app knows when the user enters certain areas), and so both iOS and Android implement privacy measures to make sure that the user is aware of that and agrees.

I bet you as a consumer also wouldn’t want apps to know where you go, without your knowledge and permission (:

@heypiotr further to question above. Does proximity SDK provides an enter/exit events when application is killed on iOS?

Yes it does. The app will be launched into the background to handle the events. Just remember to initialize your Proximity Observer and the enter/exit handlers in the AppDelegate.