Android SDK not working (on 5.1?)

I am trying to get the App working on Android in parallel with iOS, but I am running into a problem that my Android device does not see the beacons. Both the Estimote App in the store, as the example SDK App do not render any results. However, it might be related to the device (Nexus 4 with Android 5.1) as the normal Estimote App works ok on my Galaxy Tab and a friends S5, but both are on 4.x.

Each second the callback is called:

beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.RangingListener() {
    @Override
    public void onBeaconsDiscovered(Region region, final List<Beacon> beacons) {
        // Note that results are not delivered on UI thread.
        Logger.d(iDomsAndroidApp.TAG, "Beacons on region '" + region + "' and beacons " + beacons);
        runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                // Note that beacons reported here are already sorted by estimated
                // distance between device and beacon.
                getSupportActionBar().setSubtitle("Found beacons: " + beacons.size());
                adapter.replaceWith(beacons);
            }
        });
    }
});

with the log response:

05-22 16:00:45.022  20064-20248/org.idoms.iDomsAndroidDev D/BluetoothAdapter﹕ startLeScan(): null
05-22 16:00:45.037  20064-20157/org.idoms.iDomsAndroidDev D/BluetoothLeScanner﹕ onClientRegistered() - status=0 clientIf=5
05-22 16:00:46.060  20064-20248/org.idoms.iDomsAndroidDev D/BluetoothAdapter﹕ stopLeScan()
05-22 16:00:46.122  20064-20064/org.idoms.iDomsAndroidDev D/iDomsFramework﹕ Beacons on region 'Region{identifier=rid, proximityUUID=null, major=null, minor=null}' and beacons []

There are 2 unconfirgured Estimote beacons, and three beacons on a seperat UUID, but none show up (on my iPhone it works fine).
Is there a way to easily debug? I just emailed and was asked to post here tagging you @wiktor.

Unfortunately Nexus 4 is known for Bluetooth & WiFi interference (they share the same antenna).

1/ Try restarting Bluetooth on device? Later restart the phone.
2/ For sanity, turn on Bluetooth and turn off Wifi.

Thanks Wiktor, only got back to Android now, and it seems very hit and miss on the Nexus 4. One beacon within range pops up only 10% of the time, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for a longer while. So I will try and get another device for testing if this is a known problem.

Thanks for telling me, I could have spend days on trying to get the Nexus going!

I have faced same problem with estimote SDK.
The estimote sdk working well with android 4.x but does not work in android 5.x
Please get rid out of it.