Xamarin telemetry discovery NPE

Hi All,
I am getting an error when I try to the get the Telemetry information in Xamarin estimote SDK-1.0.3 for android.
Xamarin estimote beaconManager.StartTelemetryDiscovery(); caused exception You need to initialize SDK first :java.lang.NullPointerException: You need to initialize SDK first. EstimoteSDK.initialize(applicationContext, appId, appToken)

But I unable to find any such initialize(applicationContext, appId, appToken) method in Xamarin Estimote SDK-1.0.3 in android.

Thanks,

Note: this is a very old Xamarin component that wasn’t developed by us.

I see that in that component, the EstimoteSDK class is mapped to Xamarin as Estimote:

https://github.com/xamarin/XamarinComponents/blob/master/XPlat/Estimote/Android/source/Transforms/Metadata.xml#L50

So maybe try Estimote.Initialize(...)

Hi heypiotr,

Thanks for reply.

As I am working in Xamarin(C#) and this is the latest Estimote version provided by Xamarin.
Secondly, I did not find any Xamarin Estimote component or SDK that is provided by you or Estimote for Xamarin(C#) developement?

The solution provided by you for initializing SDK Estimote.Initialize(…) works fine.

Thanks,

I did not find any Xamarin Estimote component or SDK that is provided by you or Estimote for Xamarin(C#) developement?

We do have an example of how to bind & use our Proximity SDK in Xamarin:

GitHub - Estimote/Xamarin-Bindings: Examples of how to bind Estimote SDKs to Xamarin

But it’s for enter/exit monitoring only, unfortunately we have nothing for telemetry at this time.

Thanks heypiotr for your reply and support :slightly_smiling_face: