Sending accelerometer data via Buetooth

Hello everyone,

I am trying to send accelerometer data via bluetooth from the beacon to a Raspberry Pi 3, where the data is processed to send an email.

I am actually new in this, so, I would really appreciate all your help.

Hello @ErikaUlloa!

The easiest way to achieve it is to prepare mobile application with Estimote SDK usage.

In order to gather accelerometer data from the device, you need to take advantage of Estimote Telemetry packet. Both Location and Proximity Beacons broadcast our home-grown packet. In case of Proximity Beacons it’s not enabled by default, so you have to do it yourself.

Estimote Telemetry packet includes:

• battery level
  • firmware version
  • motion status and accelerometer readings (e.g. to alert you when the beacon has been misplaced)
  • temperature level
  • ambient light level (useful for saving battery life with conditional broadcasting)
  • GPIO status (comes in handy when you’ve connected beacons to other devices and want to know their status)

It’s connectionless: to access data you only need to be in range of a beacon.
Go to our Telemetry tutorial on Dev Portal to learn more.

Once you collected accelerometer data, as an example you can build a simple web REST API on your Raspberry Pi. Speaking of which, you will be able to exchange information between the mobile phone and Raspberry Pi.

Second way to achieve it is a project based on some third party scanning libraries. Unfortunately, we do not support it, so you need to find information on your own. You can find more information in article below:
http://developer.estimote.com/other-platforms/3rd-party-sdks/