Ranging UWB beacons with Android 14

Has anybody actually gotten the UWB beacons to range correctly on Android 14? I am going crazy. I can get the app to scan for and find the beacons. I can get the device id and rssi value. I can connect to the beacon, but ranging always results in a timeout error telling me to review my beacon settings.

“Error occurred! See here: com.estimote.uwb.api.exceptions.ConnectionTimeout: Connection timeout occurred. Review your beacon settings!”

What stupid thing am I doing or not doing? I saw a forum post that said the beacons may need a firmware update and to contact estimote, but no one from estimote has been responding to emails or forum posts. Please help!

1 Like

Yes, you must do the firmware upgrade as android uses channel 9, while iOS uses channel 5.

After flashing the new firmware it works as expected

1 Like

Thanks for replying Sam. Could you tell me how to go about upgrading the firmware?

I got instructions from Estimote at the contact email

That’s what I thought. I haven’t had much success getting responses back from the contact email.

Ed,

we just sent your over the email instructions how to upgrade firmware on your UWB beacons in order to support Android.

If it works and you can range with them please update your post here, so other users can see if that helped.

Thank you!

Thank you so much! Yes, the firmware upgrade instructions are allowing the beacons to range with Android 14. Thanks again.

Hi,

can you please also send me the instructions. Ranging never worked on Android 14 for me, too.

Thx