Questions about Location Beacons, and the Configuration App

Hello World!

We have just received our Location Beacons today, which are totally cool, but I have a few questions concerning them.

• Can I enable Motion UUID for iBeacon on Location Beacons? If so, how?
  • How do I enable ‘Dark to Sleep’ and Scheduled Advertising?
  • I’ve been working on custom implementations of Beacon Listening on the Apple TV, are you able to provide me with Advertising Package Structure for Nearables and Estimote Telemetry?

Lastly, I’ve attempted to build the ‘Configuration’ Example that is available (in Swift Only) as apart of the latest Estimote SDK. It seems to require the Module ‘SwiftState’, upon which I could not find any reference about on the SDK or Cloud App Generator, You may want to put mention down if you cannot include it in the sdk example (which is perfectly reasonable)

Cheers

• Greg

Glad you like them! What are your plans for the beacons, any app or project already in mind?

As for your questions:

Can I enable Motion UUID for iBeacon on Location Beacons? If so, how?
How do I enable ‘Dark to Sleep’ and Scheduled Advertising?

It’s not in the apps or Estimote Cloud UI, but you can do it through the SDK, the appropriate settings are ESTSettingIBeaconMotionUUID, ESTSettingPowerScheduledAdvertisingEnable, ESTSettingPowerScheduledAdvertisingPeriod, ESTSettingPowerDarkToSleepEnable, and ESTSettingPowerDarkToSleepThreshold. You could use the Configuration example for that.

I’ve been working on custom implementations of Beacon Listening on the Apple TV, are you able to provide me with Advertising Package Structure for Nearables and Estimote Telemetry?

Let me see if I can pull something together.

Lastly, I’ve attempted to build the ‘Configuration’ Example that is available (in Swift Only) as apart of the latest Estimote SDK. It seems to require the Module ‘SwiftState’, upon which I could not find any reference about on the SDK or Cloud App Generator, You may want to put mention down if you cannot include it in the sdk example (which is perfectly reasonable)

Yeah, agreed, we use Carthage to pull in any additional dependencies into our examples (although at this time, it’s just the Configuration example that uses any external dependencies), and we’ve added a mention in the Configuration example’s README, but a better way to communicate that would indeed be great. We’ll think about it, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Cheers Mate,

We are just looking at upgrading our relevant apps to support it (Nothing I can disclose unfortunately), and investigating possibilities with the new sensors available.

I essentially do the research and then the implementation for Beacon related items at my work, Which has led me to investigate implementation on other devices, include the Apple TV for which I’d like to look at showroom implementations for. I plan to look at implementations for other devices and platforms (such as Windows 10) in the future.

I admit, I completely missed the README file in the structure. My bad!

I’ll connect into this topic, as my questions are related.

I’m looking into ways to setup custom advertisement packages with GPIO input. Where can I some information how to setup the UART connection and how configure beacon to receive it. Your app doesn’t support UART settings. Is this something I can do with SDK?