No beacons returned in array for beaconManager:didRangeBeacons:inRegion:

I have an Estimote iBeacon device that shows up in the Estimote app (so I know it's working).

In my own app ("Scanner"), didEnterRegion: is called within which I call startRangingBeaconsInRegion:. After that, beaconManager:didRangeBeacons:inRegion: is called repeatedly, but with an empty beacons array.

Then, I created a separate beacon app ("Beaconapp") and used B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D as the UUID string. This iPhone-based beacon shows up in the Estimote app, and is also picked up by Scanner, and this time beacons are returned in the array.

Why are no beacons being returned in the array when Beaconapp is broadcasting, but not when the Estimote device itself is broadcasting?

Note: the Estimote iBeacon and Beaconapp are not broadcasting simultaneously. I'm testing with them one at a time in isolation.

I should also say that the device Scanner is running on is running iOS 7.1.2.

"In my own app ("Scanner"), didEnterRegion: is called within which I call startRangingBeaconsInRegion:. After that, beaconManager:didRangeBeacons:inRegion: is called repeatedly, but with an empty beacons array."
Are you sure you are using proper region for Ranging in didEnterRegion method? Can you show us you code?

Here are excerpts from the source:

https://gist.github.com/leftspin/3896ad2675c804244a55

I am having the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

No, sorry, haven't gotten back to it since I posted the question. We actually purchased more beacons from a different provider.

No worries. I actually ended up solving the issue just a few minutes ago. I was trying to save my beacons in an array too earlier and before they were ranged

Could you explain what you did? I’m having the same issue, I built an app that worked flawlessly, but when I swapped out some prox beacons with the newer location ones, my app stopped working. Where the didRangeBeacons is coming back with a nil collection.

Do someone have any solution?