Nearables API and broadcast packets

Hi,
Is there an API that I can use in my own App to set different values for UUID, Major and Minor?
Let’s say by using an app admin user and password stored in the app?
Can I change the advertising rate of the nearable to 100 ms’ for idle and moving states?
Is the nearable packet transmitted in parallel to the ibeacon and can I read it in IOS after
the ibeacon woke the phone, when phone is in sleep mode? or even better can I use it to wake IOS
phones from sleep mode?

Is there an API that I can use in my own App to set different values for UUID, Major and Minor?Let’s say by using an app admin user and password stored in the app?

Yes, take a look at our Connecting to Estimote Beacons tutorial—technically, it’s for the bigger beacons, not stickers, but in step 1 there’s a tip for how you can use the same flow to connect to stickers instead. And then once you’re connected to your ESTDeviceNearable object, you can use the settings property to manage the settings.

Can I change the advertising rate of the nearable to 100 ms’ for idle and moving states?

Yes, just use the ESTNearableOperationNearableInterval and set it to 100 ms. The settings is for the “base/idle” value, and the “moving” value is always half of the “base” value, but never less than 100 ms. So if you set the “base” value to 100, it’ll also set the “moving” value to 100.

Is the nearable packet transmitted in parallel to the ibeacon

Kinda. If you set your sticker to broadcast the Nearable packet, we also broadcast a “helper” iBeacon packet that our SDK uses for some of its Nearable features. But that “helper” iBeacon packet is non-configurable. If you want a fully configurable iBeacon packet, you need to switch the sticker to the iBeacon broadcasting scheme, but then in return, it will only broadcast a “helper” Nearable packet (used for connecting to the sticker) when in motion. Full multi-packet support is only available in Location Beacons at this time.

can I read it in IOS after the ibeacon woke the phone, when phone is in sleep mode? or even better can I use it to wake IOS phones from sleep mode?

Nearable packet works perfectly fine with iOS if the app is sleeping—it’ll wake up the app into the background, and you can read it when in background or foreground.

This is good news.
One question left unclear to me:
If I want to use a configurable protocol to send more data than I can send using iBeacon
how would I do that with a sticker? Are there any configurable fields that I can change apart
from the UUID, Major and Minor?