iPhone 4S versus 5S

Hello -

Is there something that might cause my Estimote beacons to be detected through my newly created app on iPhone 4S while the same app doesn’t work on 5S, or in other words is there a difference in detecting the beacons between 4S and 5S?

Just thought to ask as we have been moving in circles for the past week or two trying to figure out the issue between 4S and 5S (both devices were upgraded to iOS 8.2)

Thanks

- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:
  (NSDictionary *)launchOptions
{
    // Override point for customization after application launch.
    NSUUID *beaconUUID = [[NSUUID alloc] initWithUUIDString:
        @"EBEFD083-70A2-47C8-9837-E7B5634DF524"];
    NSString *regionIdentifier = @"us.iBeaconModules";
    CLBeaconRegion *beaconRegion = [[CLBeaconRegion alloc] 
        initWithProximityUUID:beaconUUID identifier:regionIdentifier];

self.locationManager = [[CLLocationManager alloc] init];
    // New iOS 8 request for Always Authorization, required for iBeacons to work!
    if([self.locationManager respondsToSelector:@selector(requestAlwaysAuthorization)]) {
        [self.locationManager requestAlwaysAuthorization];
    }
    self.locationManager.delegate = self;
    self.locationManager.pausesLocationUpdatesAutomatically = NO;    

[self.locationManager startMonitoringForRegion:beaconRegion];
    [self.locationManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:beaconRegion];
    [self.locationManager startUpdatingLocation];

return YES;
}

have you got this lines in your code? is it possible your app to be compiled in ios 7?

But the app is already working on iPhone 4S iOS 8.2 so I don’t think it is an iOS related issue since the same iOS on iPhone 5S is not working, the application is also working on iOS 7 but using an iPad Mini

There’s no reason why the same app should work on 4S and not work on 5S. Can you make sure you have Bluetooth and Location Services enabled on both devices?