How are you?
I have a Estimote beacon and I have provisioned the beacon as Eddystone packet format.
I want to see notification with EddyStone-URL via Physical Web.
I mean EddyStone-URL don’t work.
Here are my phone and beacon environment.
- LG Nexus 5x, Android 6.0.1, Google Play Service 10.0.84, Chrome 55.0.2883.91
- Estimote 3.2.0,
Here are list I provisioned for beacon.
- Beacon has latest firmware(3.2.0).
- Beacon configured to Eddystone-URL.
- Desired public site uses HTTPS(https://bikon.com).
- Beacon is right next to phone, beacon not sleeping, power set to 4dBm, 200ms broadcast interval, smart battery saving “off”.
- Beacon has registered on Estimote Cloud using Estimote app for Android.
- Beacon has registered on Google Dashboard using Beacon Tools app for Android.
On the phone side:
- Chrome Physical Web “on”
- Chrome access to location “on”
- Chrome notifications “on”
- As you suggested: Google > Nearby = “on” (beacon doesn’t show up in Google > Nearby Discoveries)
I think I have done all the settings for Eddystone-URL.
But Eddystone-URL don’t work yet.
I don’t know why I can’t see it.
Are there other settings/avenues I’m overlooking?
Please help me.