Detection in 1 second, no detection between 5-10 seconds

Hi,

I have a problem with Android SDK.

I am using code from demos with small modifications, so it should work fine.

When I try to see if one beacon is discovered, the beacons list in onBeaconsDiscovered returns my beacon without problem. When I go far away from my beacon, retuned beacons list has 1 beacon inside during 5 seconds or more. After this period, beacons.isEmpty() returns true.

If I move near from beacon, beacons list has 1 beacons immediately, after no more than 1 second.

I have also tried putting the estimote inside a microwave and close the door to simulate the beacon presence. Same problem.

Problem timeline example:

• Estimote is inside microwave with opened door.
  • 00:00 > Open app
  • 00:01 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:02 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:03 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:04 > Door closed
  • 00:05 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:06 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:07 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:08 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:09 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:10 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:11 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:12 > beacons.size() = 0
  • 00:13 > beacons.size() = 0
  • 00:14 > beacons.size() = 0
  • 00:15 > beacons.size() = 0
  • 00:16 > Door opened
  • 00:17 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:18 > beacons.size() = 1
  • 00:19 > beacons.size() = 1 .... ... .. .

Maybe a microwave is not the best place to simulate on/off a beacon, but it seems to work well for me :).

Is this normal? Can I change this? Advertising interval is set to 340ms (same problem with lower/upper values) and broadcasting power to -30dBm (1.5 mts).

Thanks!

Hi there,

The delay when exitting region is a normal thing. It's implemented to prevent false positives and make sure the notifications is delivered when after the user has definitely left the Beacon's range.

Also, the microwave oven is perfect for blocking the signal. Unless you turn it on, that is :)

Cheers.

I forgot to say when I monitoring enter/exit regions, behavior is the same. Enter is triggered immediately but exit takes 5 seconds more or less to be triggered.

Thanks Wojtek!

Sure, glad to help :)