Connect to beacon : error code 62

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when I try to connect to an Estimote beacon.
I’ve got this error :

m.estimote.mgmtsdk.common.exceptions.DeviceConnectionException: Disconnected from device while trying to connect. Error code 62: UNKNOWN
    at com.estimote.mgmtsdk.connection.strategy.DeviceConnectionInternal$1.onError(DeviceConnectionInternal.java:262)
    at com.estimote.mgmtsdk.connection.strategy.BasicConnectionStrategy$1.onConnectionError(BasicConnectionStrategy.java:73)
    at com.estimote.coresdk.connection.bluerock.BlueRock.notifyConnectionError(BlueRock.java:434)
    at com.estimote.coresdk.connection.bluerock.BlueRock.access$800(BlueRock.java:52)
    at com.estimote.coresdk.connection.bluerock.BlueRock$2.onConnectionStateChange(BlueRock.java:177)
    at android.bluetooth.BluetoothGatt$1.onClientConnectionState(BluetoothGatt.java:182)
    at android.bluetooth.IBluetoothGattCallback$Stub.onTransact(IBluetoothGattCallback.java:70)
    at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:446)

But when I try after the first attempt to connect to the same beacon, I can have that error again or I can connect to it.

Best regards,

Quentin

Error code 62 (0x3E) according to Bluetooth Core specification states that:

2.59 CONNECTION FAILED TO BE ESTABLISHED (0x3E)

The Connection Failed to be Established error code indicates that the LL initiated a connection but the connection has failed to be established.

It means that Link Layer was not able to establish radio link. This could be due to poor signal strength, interference, or BT controller LinkLayer incompatibility.
Easiest solution will be just to retry few times if connection fails. Usually you don’t have control over radio environment
so you should always be ready to retry.

It would be good to know on what phone and Android version you are experiencing that problem.

Hello @pober,

My application handle the case of failed, it try again to connect to beacon (three times).
Sometimes, it’s only the first attempt which failed.
Sometimes second attempt failed too and it’s arrive thrid too.

But it’s rare, on fifty attempt i had this case three times.

Thank you for your answer.
(Sorry for the gap of time between your answer and my response).