Can I use Estimote Beacons with Raspberry Pi?

Hi!, I’m new with Estimote and I have 2 boxes of Beacons; but I have a new project with IoT and I want to know if is possible use my beacons with a Raspberry Pi or something else.

I prefer use Node.js for connections or C++ programs, in extreme cases shell files (.sh) or python.

Hi,

I actually haven’t used beacons with Raspberry Pi, but I think it should be possible. You need to have bluetooth module enabled in your Raspberry and then use some external software (or write your own) to gather some data about beacons nearby. I’d use Python, because IMO it’s simpler than C++, has a lot of packages on PyPI and naturally works with Linux. I searched a GitHub for similar project and found the following links:

Maybe one of them will meet your requirements. You can also use them as a basis or reference for your own project.

I’d also add that my personal favorite Node.js beacon library is this one:

hello @pwittchen , I know it’s an old thread, but I wonder if you can help me figure out this issue I keep getting on my Raspberry after I run (sudo python run.py)

`Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 5, in <module>
    dh = FileHandler('/home/pi/pybeacon_records/debug/output.log')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 913, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 943, in _open
    stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/pi/pybeacon_records/debug/output.log'
`