Real precision of Indoor Location

Hello, I would like to develop app which use Indoor location. I am interested about real precision of returned position of user. I read about accuracy about 0.5-1m. So it means basically user can go one step forward and he can move on map between 0.2m and 1.2? Or basically he move 0.2 meter (1step) but walls will be 0.5/1m closer further? Can i achieve fluent move of user? Or it will by more like jumped move? Precision of location is very important aspect for me so because of these i ask…

Hi Sebastian,
when it comes to accuracy, everything depends on setup. In small locations (eg. 20 sq.m.) with 4 beacons the accuracy of 1m is achievable, On the other hands, for locations like our office, with 350 sq.m. with 16 beacons, an average accuracy is 3-4 m.

The accuracy can be represented as a circle of given radius within which the real position is expected to be. So for example, accuracy of 2m for position (x,y) = (1,1), means, that the “true position” of person is expected to be inside of circle with centre in (1,1) and radius of 2.

Hope that helps, and if you have any further questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Marek

Hello,

Is the Broadcasting Power important for accuracy ?
Should we reduce the power for small surface (50 sq m) ?

It needs to be set to 4 dBm (max value) for Indoor Location, regardless of the size of the space.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your answer.

1 Like