Ranging multiple regions

I see that the Estimote API supports a call to monitor for a single region. Is there anything I might be missing to monitor multiple regions? The following code only ranges for the estimote UUID:

------- code code --------

NSUUID *myUUID = [[NSUUID alloc] initWithUUIDString:@"8cae1e02-c4e6-11e3-8841-1a514932ac01"];

NSUUID *estimoteUUID = [[NSUUID alloc] initWithUUIDString:@"B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D"];

//range for my UUID
[self.beaconManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:myUUID];

//also range for estimote default UUID
[self.beaconManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:estimoteUUID];

------- end code --------

Use case 1 - testing and updating UUID's in an easy way.

Use case 2 - I deploy more than 2.147 billion estimotes and need to expand the range of my app (which makes the Estimote company very happy).

I'm guessing I'd simply have to architect the app to instantiate another manager and coordinate the two, but I thought maybe there was a simple way to get it done?

Hi Philipp,

It is possible to monitor for multiple regions, but in your code you're only referencing an UUID value, instead for a whole region. That's why it doesn't work.

Cheers.

I should clarify a bit of the above... I misused the word region a bit.

When I stated, "multiple regions" I should have said "multiple UUIDs".

Arg, I typo'd the code.

------- code code --------

NSUUID *myUUID = [[NSUUID alloc] initWithUUIDString:@"8cae1e02-c4e6-11e3-8841-1a514932ac01"];

NSUUID *estimoteUUID = [[NSUUID alloc] initWithUUIDString:@"B9407F30-F5F8-466E-AFF9-25556B57FE6D"];

ESTBeaconRegion* myRegion = [[ESTBeaconRegion alloc] initWithProximityUUID:myUUID
identifier:@"MyRegion"];

ESTBeaconRegion* estimoteRegion = [[ESTBeaconRegion alloc] initWithProximityUUID:estimoteUUID
identifier:@"EstimoteRegion"];

//range for my UUID
[self.beaconManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:myRegion];

//also range for estimote default UUID
[self.beaconManager startRangingBeaconsInRegion:estimoteRegion];

------- end code --------

There we go. This code only ranges for the estimote region (as it is the last line of code).