Problems with Huawei p8 lite

Hi all,
I tried Estimote app with my Huawei p8 lite and I noticed that in nearable details the motion data do not update in real time; instead I tried with an Samsung Galaxy SIII and these updated properly.

The Huawei p8 lite has Lollipop as Android version and ALE-L21C113B120 as EMUI version.

I have no idea if the problem is with the smartphone or with the operating system.

I hope someone can help me!

I noticed that with Nexus 4 vs Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6—basically, the newer the device, the more responsive it is to Bluetooth advertisements, the technology in Android smartphones just seems to keep getting better. Unfortunately, there’s not much to do about it on the SDK/software side.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I ask you another question:

If the advertising time of the sticker in motion is 1250ms and the smartphone scans every 300ms, why I have three measurements per second? Are datas sent each 1250ms or are them updated every 1250ms?

We “cache” the scan results for 10 seconds in our Android SDK, so when no packet arrives, the callback will receive the last known data. Only if no packet arrives in 10 seconds we remove the Nearable from scan results. (This applies to Beacon ranging too BTW.)

1 Like

A simple reboot may fix this issue. See reboot steps and another suggestions on this issue in Huawei P8 Manual. Good Luck