mPower nil

Is there a way to get mPower or do I need to connect to the beacon first since I keep getting null in my mPower ?

Hi,

You need to use startEstimoteBeaconsDiscoveryForRegion method to get measured power.

Best,

Hi,

I tried startEstimoteBeaconsDiscoveryForRegion and I can get mPower however I receive different major number compare to startRangingBeaconsInRegion:. Is there a way to alleviate this ?

Hi Gatechcee,

Can you make sure you extract the unsigned short value from the NSNumber, like this: [beacon.major unsingedShortValue]? If you do this both in startEstimoteBeaconsDiscoveryForRegion and startRangingBeaconsInRegion, do you still get different numbers?

Ah good advice.
Another question is there a way to do ranging and getting mpower at the same time ?

I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment. Ranging uses the CoreLocation API which only exposes a handful of beacon properties - UUID, major, minor, rssi, proximity and distance. To get measured power, you need to utilize the CoreBluetooth-based scanning, i.e. startEstimoteBeaconsDiscoveryForRegion.

We might be looking at some ways of providing both the CoreLocation-based properties and CoreBluetooth-based properties via a single scanning mechanism in the future, but I can't promise anything at this time.