Error code 403 when saving new location

Hi there,

I’m a new to Estimote and am currently trying to map a space with the Location Builder. I’m getting an error when I try and save the location to the cloud. The error is as follows:

**2018-04-14 21:42:53.586094+0100 SpaceConfig[3445:1243231] Error when saving location: Error Domain=ESTRequestBaseErrorDomain Code=403 "You have no access to the requested resource." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=You have no access to the requested resource., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Verify if requested resource belongs to you.}** 

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what this error means? I’m working in my App Delegate (following these instructions). My code is below.

- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions {
    // Override point for customization after application launch.

EILLocationBuilder *locationBuilder = [EILLocationBuilder new];
    [locationBuilder setLocationName:@"Sarah's bedroom"];
    [locationBuilder setLocationBoundaryPoints:@[[EILPoint pointWithX:0.00 y:0.00],
                                                 [EILPoint pointWithX:0.00 y:4.36],
                                                 [EILPoint pointWithX:5.00 y:4.36],
                                                 [EILPoint pointWithX:5.00 y:0.00]]];

[locationBuilder addBeaconWithIdentifier:@"beacon1" // beetroot
                      atBoundarySegmentIndex:0
                                  inDistance:1.4 fromSide:EILLocationBuilderLeftSide];
    [locationBuilder addBeaconWithIdentifier:@"beacon2" // lemon
                      atBoundarySegmentIndex:1
                                  inDistance:1.8 fromSide:EILLocationBuilderLeftSide];
    [locationBuilder addBeaconWithIdentifier:@"beacon3" // candy
                      atBoundarySegmentIndex:2
                                  inDistance:1.8 fromSide:EILLocationBuilderRightSide];

[locationBuilder setLocationOrientation:278];

EILLocation *location = [locationBuilder build];

[ESTConfig setupAppID:@"<App ID>" andAppToken:@"<App Token>"];
    EILRequestAddLocation *addLocationRequest = [[EILRequestAddLocation alloc] initWithLocation:location];
    [addLocationRequest sendRequestWithCompletion:^(EILLocation *location, NSError *error) {
        if (error) {
            NSLog(@"Error when saving location: %@", error);
        } else {
            NSLog(@"Location saved successfully: %@", location.identifier);
        }
    }];

return YES;
}

Really can’t seem to figure this one so any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thank you.

It looks like you included the < > in your App ID and Token, unless your App ID and Token actually looks like that (which it shouldn’t), that’s a no-no (:

Also, you might want to delete it now that you posted it in the public, and generate yourself a new one :wink:

That works! Thank you so much. And will do :wink: